Garlo Heritage Nature Preserve

6777 S. State Route 19, Bloomville OH 44818

Garlo Heritage Nature Preserve was created in 1997 when Dolly and Alma Garlo initiated the gifting of 256 acres of their family farm to the park district. The park is a living legacy in memory of doctors Olgier and Maria Garlo and their son Alex.

Olgierd and Maria immigrated from Communist Eastern Europe in 1948 and began acquiring this land in 1961.

Today, the preserve contains 292 acres of fields, wetlands and deciduous woods with 7.4 miles of developed equestrian and hiking trails.

Garlo Park Map

Garlo Map